“We”, “our” and “us” – Mad Jacks (hereinafter “MJ”)
“You/Your”, “Client”, “Player” – The contracting person
“Group” – All people attending with the Client
“Venue’’ – Unit 22, South Quay, Douglas, Isle of Man
“Contract” of “Activity” – The agreed programme, as detailed within the booking confirmation.
- A minimum of number of 2 players is required for each session on a Friday & Saturday, and a minimum of 1 player is required for each session from Sunday to Thursday. This is at the absolute discretion of MJ. Session times that are not filled by the minimum number of players may be rescheduled by MJ. Players will be contacted to arrange an alternate date and/or time.
- All players should arrive at their booked venue no less than 15 minutes prior to the playing time to allow for paperwork and a safety talk to be completed. The activity will not be allowed to commence until this has been undertaken and may result in the individual player being refused by MJ to participate in the activity or, in the event of a Group booking, a delayed start to your activity which will reduce your session time. MJ is not responsible for factors outside of its control that may cause a delay to your arrival at the venue.
- If you miss your scheduled start time you will not be eligible for a later booking or refund and it will result in a reduced session time or cancellation of the session. If you are not present upon check-in for your pre-booked time our team will endeavor to contact you, please ensure you provide us with a mobile telephone number that your group leader will have with them on the booking day.
- MJ will prioritise all players and Groups against their booking times.
- Promotional codes and discounts are not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Group bookings
It is assumed that the contracting party is the lead contact for the Group and that all correspondence or conversations will take place between you and us. These conditions shall form the basis of the agreement for your booking and shall apply to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions whether put forward by you, your group or a third party or whether implied by law. No alteration to these conditions shall be effective unless expressly agreed to in writing by a director of MJ. It is the responsibility of the contracting party to ensure all persons within a group booking are fully aware and understand these terms and conditions.
- All prices quoted by us are based upon costs current as at the booking date.
- We require full payment to confirm all bookings. This payment is non-refundable if you are unable to attend the date confirmed
- After a booking has been made MJ will send a booking confirmation with details of the payment made and also details of the package including dates, number of participants and any other details relevant to the booking. It is your responsibility to check that the details on the confirmation are correct and you must advise MJ of any inaccuracies within 24 hours of making the booking.
- We can accept payments by credit card, debit card, bank transfer (with reference quoted). Cheques are not accepted by MJ.
- All bookings are non-refundable. Full payment is due at the time of booking. Due to the nature of the business when bookings are confirmed MJ immediately incurs expenses and costs directly relating to your booking whilst we prepare for your arrival.
- All bookings are non-transferable, except at the complete discretion of MJ. Only in extenuating circumstances will bookings be considered for transfer and where at least a minimum of 48 hours notice of request is given via email and may be subject to an administration fee of £50.
- MJ reserves the right to move your booking time or day due to operational needs.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that MJ operate each session, however, we reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to cancel any session. In the event of such cancellation, MJ will fully refund any player or Group whose session is cancelled, the cost of their prepaid ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatsoever, including liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of the cancellation.
Personal Safety / Health Requirements
- Whilst all our activities are as safe as they can be given their inherent physical dangers, all safety instructions, directions, warnings and all other instructions MUST be followed at all times during your time at the venue. You must listen carefully to all safety instructions and ensure you are wearing any safety equipment or clothing properly. If in any doubt you must seek further guidance and help from the team immediately. You must not attempt to go beyond your capabilities or engage in risky or daring behaviour other than what is involved in the activity itself. It is a given that you undertake the activity with the full understanding of the risks involved and accept responsibility for your own safety together with that of any of your Group who are under 18 years of age. You will be asked to sign a disclaimer before taking part in any session to say you are mentally and medically fit and well. If you are in any doubt about the suitability of the activity for you, you must check with your GP prior to making any booking. If you refuse to sign a disclaimer at the venue you will not be able to take part and such an action will
be treated as a cancellation.
Restrictions and Exclusions
- Please note that players must be at least 16 years of age at the date of the session. We reserve the right to disallow players who do not meet these requirements, without refund. We reserve the right to disallow play on the day of your event without refund if you or any of your party are deemed by our staff to be physically unfit to play due to injury, illness, pregnancy or other condition. Please contact us in advance if you have any concerns about the health or fitness of any member of the group.
- We would advise you bring photographic ID. If we think you look under 25 you might be asked for valid ID to prove your age.
- We reserve the right to disallow play on the day of your event with no refund if you or any of your party are believed to be under the influence of drugs or too intoxicated with alcohol to play safely, without causing harm to themselves, other customers or staff.
- We reserve the right to halt play and terminate your event with no refund if you or any of your party do not follow instructions from MJ staff.
- Provided that nothing in this condition shall operate so as to exclude our non-excludable liability in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or to affect your statutory rights as a consumer, or to exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation: we shall not be liable to you or your group in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence) and/or breach of statutory duty for any loss or damage which you or your group may suffer by reason of any act, omission, neglect or default (including negligence) in the performance of these conditions by us our servants or agents, in a sum which is greater than the price of your MJ event and we shall not be liable to you or your group in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence) and/or breach of statutory duty for any loss of profits and/or less of production or any indirect or consequential (including economic) loss of any kind which you, your group, or any member of your group (including negligence) in the performance of these conditions by us our servants or agents.
- If you are dissatisfied with your activity in any respect then you must speak with a member of staff of MJ on the day to log the issue and to try and resolve the situation. It will not be considered reasonable if you have not brought your dissatisfaction to the attention of a member of the staff on the day, participated in the session and then filed a complaint at a later date.
- If after having notified a member of staff on the day you remained dissatisfied with the activity then any complaint by a player must submitted in writing to MJ management at the registered office of Mad Jacks at 8 Westbourne Drive, Douglas, IM1 4AZ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complaints should be made:
(a) if the complaint relates to a session within 14 days of the date of the session;
(b) in all other respects within 14 days of the incident giving rise to the complaint
- If the compliant is regard to the booking process please contact MJ by email on email@example.com.
Law and Jurisdiction
- The provisions of these conditions are severable and distinct from one another and, if at any time any of the provisions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality or enforceability of the other provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired. The headings in these conditions are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of the agreement,
- For the avoidance of doubt nothing in these conditions shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any provision of these condition pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 2001.